HARRiSON CRAiG (Team Seal) ~ Winner of The VOiCE Australia 2013
~ Monday 17th June 2013 ~
Harrison Craig the 18 year old teen from Melbourne won The Voice 2013, after he won the hearts of the coaches and the Australian public, as he showed Australia that having a stutter when he talks would not stop him from singing to win the title tonight. Craig also won $100,000, a recording contract and a car.
Visit Harrison Craig’s official website: www.HarrisonCraigOfficial.com
Harrison Craig sings ‘Unchained Melody’ by The Righteous Brothers for his Semi-Final performance in The Voice Australia Season 2 (YouTube video)…
Watch as Harrison Craig does his first interview only minutes after he has been crowned Season 2 winner (YouTube video)…
HARRiSON CRAiG iN The NEWS 2013:
- NEWS.com.au: HARRiSON CRAiG WiNS The VOiCE 2013 (18 June 2013) One look in The Voice winner Harrison Craig’s eyes and you realise where the Melbourne teenager found what it took to win this year’s series… read more & HERALD SUN: HARRiSON CRAIG WiNS The VOiCE 2013
- The TELEGRAPH: HARRiSON CRAiG WiNS The VOiCE 2013 (18 June 2013) Melbourne teen Harrison Craig has been crowned the winner of The Voice 2013. The 18-year-old, who won the hearts of the coaches and the Australian public, has had three number ones on iTunes during his time on the show… read more
- CHANNEL NiNE NEWS: HARRiSON CRAiG WiNS The VOiCE (17 June) Victorian teenager Harrison Craig has been crowned the winner of The Voice, delivering the reality show with another feel-good story. Craig, who suffers from a stutter and has not known his father since he was five, won $100,000, a recording contract and a car for winning the second series of the Nine Network show on Monday night… read more
- SYDNEY MORNiNG HERALD: FAVOURiTE HARRiSON CRAiG WiNS The VOiCE (17 June 2013) There were all the things we’ve come to expect from The Voice in the series two finale. There were pyrotechnics, and there was glitter. There was song, dance, hyperbole, tears and celebrity guests. But finally, on Monday night, there was also a winner. Harrison Craig, 18, from Chelsea was the clear favourite… read more
- FRANKSTON WEEKLY: The VOiCE: HARRiSON CRAiG HAS FRANKSTON ABUZZ (4 June 2013) Frankston locals have claimed 18-year-old singing sensation and The Voice favourite Harrison Craig as their own… read more
- FRANKSTON WEEKLY: The VOiCE: WiNNER HARRiSON CRAiG MAKES LANGWARRiN PROUD (17 June 2013) Craig lived in Langwarrin for 4 years before recently moving to Chelsea, where he lives with mother Janine Cochrane and younger brother Connor… read more
- NEWS.com.au: VOiCE FAVOURiTE HARRiSON CRAiG: MY FATHER ABANDONED ME (15 June 2013) Harrison Craig is the kind of son to make any parent proud. Which makes the story of his abandonment by the father he has not known since the age of 5 even more compelling and raw… read more
- NEWS.com.au: EMOTiONAL SCENES FOR HARRiSON CRAiG ON The VOiCE (11 June 2013) Harrison Craig’s estranged father may not be a fan of The Voice, or have seen his son’s triumph on national television. But Harrison was gracious enough to acknowledge the man who abandoned his family and inspired the heart-breaking original song which could carry Craig to claim this year’s reality talent series title… read more
- TAKE40.com: The VOiCE’s HARRiSON CRAiG REVEALS DETAiLS ABOUT BROKEN HOME BEGiNNiNGS (16 June) On the eve of the biggest night of his life, ‘The Voice’ finalist Harrison Craig revealed further details about his emotional past – namely, about his father abandoning his family… read more
- The TELEGRAPH: HARRiSON CRAiG – RiCH, SiNGLE & SUCCESSFUL (19 June 2013) He banked $100,000 in prizemoney and a new recording deal as this year’s winner of The Voice, but there’s still at least one thing on Harrison Craig’s wish list – a special someone with whom to share the crazy ride… read more
- NEWS.com.au: VOiCE WiNNER HARRISON CRAiGS SiNGLE UNCONDiTiONAL FAiLS TO CRACK TOP 10 (24 June 2013) Poor song choice has seen Harrison Craig become the first winner of an Australian reality singing TV show to miss the Top 10 with his winner’s single. Craig’s single Unconditional entered the ARIA chart at No. 15 this week, with 11,105 copies sold… read more
- NEWS.com.au: VOiCE WiNNER HARRiSON CRAiG’s ALBUM MORE THAN A DREAM DEBUTS AT No.1 as he announces Australian tour (25 June 2013) The determined teen is quickly ticking all the boxes to establish his post-Voice career, announcing an extensive tour kicking off in late September as his debut record More Than A Dream shoots straight to No. 1 on iTunes on release today… read more
Harrison Craig Sings It Had Better Be Tonight: Team Seal Artist Harrison Craig sings the Michael Buble version of ‘It Had Better Be Tonight’ for the second Live Final (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig’s official website: www.HarrisonCraigOfficial.com
HARRiSON CRAiG ONLiNE:
- Official website: www.HarrisonCraigOfficial.com
- Official Facebook: www.Facebook.com/HarrisonCraigOfficial
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/HarrisonCraig7
- iTunes: www.iTunes.apple.com/au/artist/harrison-craig
- instagram: www.instagram.com/harrisoncraig1
- The Voice profile: http://www.thevoice.com.au/profiles/artists/team-seal/Harrison-Craig
Harrison Craig conquers all with his rendition of ‘Broken Vow’ by Josh Groban for his Blind Audition…
MORE ABOUT HARRiSON CRAiG:
Harrison Craig was born on the 7th September 1994. Craig lives in Chelsea, Melbourne with his mother, Janine Cochrane and brother Connor. Harrison’s father left the family when he was 6 years old. To help build his confidence with the stutter when he speaks, his mother Janine encouraged him to join the Victorian Boys Choir and have private tuition. Harrison completed his VCE in 2012 at Sandringham College, where he was the Music Captain. In 2010 Harrison was the frontman of Garage Band High and sang the lead on their video of the song Viva la Vida…
Harrison Craig With Garage Band High ~ Viva La Vida (YouTube Video): Garage Band High comprises some of the most talented teenage musicians in Australia. They form the resident band of a soon to be launched global music website. The new site will be an interactive hub for young people genuinely interested in music and will feature competitions, master-classes, workshops, music news, reviews and the hottest goss. It will also connect and showcase super talented teenage musicians and singers from around the world…
Harrison Craig was coached during The Voice by British singer Seal. Harrison has had 3 songs on the ARIA Singles Chart Top 10 with his cover of Unchained Melody reaching No. 2 and his original song, More Than a Dream at No. 3. He has had 3 number 1 hits on the iTunes chart, with Can’t Help Falling in Love, More Than a Dream and Unchained Melody. Harrison’s version of It Had Better Be Tonight reached number 1 on the iTunes Chart, but it did’nt stay in that position for 24 hours so was not included in his total of number 1 iTunes hits. His debut album More Than a Dream was released scheduled on the 25th June 2013.
MORE HARRiSON CRAiG YOUTUBE ViDEOS:
Harrison Craig Sings Can’t Help Falling In Love: Harrison Craig takes on the Elvis Presley classic song ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ for the first Live Final (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig Sings Home: Team Seal’s youngest Artist Harrison Craig channels Michael Bublé when he sings the hit song ‘Home’ (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig Sings More Than A Dream: Team Seal’s final Artist Harrison Craig shares with us his story of hardship and pain through his original song ‘More Than A Dream’ (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig Sings If: Resident crooner Harrison Craig sings ‘If’ by Bread for the Third Live Final Show (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig Talks To Seal – Just The Two Of Us: What would you ask Seal if you had the chance? Find out what Harrison wanted to know about his coach when he got the opportunity to sit down and have a chat (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig: Discover More About Harrison In The Voice Australia: Step inside Harrison Craig’s Melbourne home, to find out more about how he began his musical career and the obstacles he has faced along the way (YouTube video)…
Harrison Craig – Unconditional (YouTube Video): Harrison Craig performing Unconditional © 2013 Universal Music Australia Pty Ltd. Unconditional is a song co-written and recorded by Ne-Yo for his 5th studio album R.E.D. in 2012. In 2013 Harrison Craig recorded a version of the song for his debut album More than a Dream. On the 18th June 2013, “Unconditional” was released as Craig’s first single.
Harrison Craig – Unconditional (YouTube Lyric Video): Lyric video by Harrison Craig performing Unconditional © 2013 Universal Music Australia Pty Ltd.
Get Music by Harrison Craig from www.GetMusic.com.au
HARRiSON CRAiG 2013 NATiONAL LiVE CONCERT TOUR:
With DEBUT ALBUM ‘MORE THAN A DREAM’ out now! ~ announced 25th June 2013
Harrison Craig will perform in every major capital city as well as many regional centres when he tours the country in September, October and November 2013. Tickets go on sale 9am Friday 28th June 2013. Harrison will be accompanied by a full band and spectacular stage production and will also be supported by a variety of special guests throughout the tour.
NATIONAL CAPITAL CITY & REGiONAL TOUR DATES:
- Friday 27th September 2013: QPAC Concert Hall, Brisbane, QLD
- Saturday 28th September 2013: Jupiter’s Theatre, Gold Coast, QLD*
- Tuesday 1st October 2013: Palms at Crown, Melbourne, VIC*
- Wednesday 2nd October 2013: Palms at Crown, Melbourne, VIC*
- Saturday 5th October 2013: Capitol Theatre, Sydney, NSW*
- Friday 11th October 2013: Regal Theatre, Perth, WA*
- Saturday 12th October 2013: Her Majesty’s Theatre, Adelaide, SA
- Thursday 31st October 2013: The Capital, Bendigo, VIC
- Friday 1st November 2013: Wendouree Centre for Performing Arts, Ballarat, VIC
- Saturday 2nd November 2013: Deakin’s Costa Hall, Geelong, VIC
- Sunday 3rd November 2013: Lighthouse Theatre, Warrnambool, VIC
- Wednesday 6th November 2013: Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre, Mount Gambier, SA
- Thursday 7th November 2013: Mildura Arts Centre, Mildura, VIC
- Friday 8th November 2013: Wangarratta Performing Arts Centre, Wangarratta, VIC
- Saturday 9th November 2013: Wangarratta Performing Arts Centre, Wangarratta, VIC
- Wednesday 13th November 2013: Dubbo Regional Theatre Convention Centre, Dubbo, NSW
- Thursday 14th November 2013: Orange Civic Theatre, Orange, NSW*
- Friday 15th November 2013: Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, Wollongong, NSW
- Saturday 16th November 2013: Canberra Theatre, Canberra, ACT
- Tuesday 19th November 2013: Star Court Theatre, Lismore, NSW
- Wednesday 20th November 2013: Capitol Theatre, Tamworth, NSW
- Thursday 21st November 2013: Glasshouse, Port Macquarie, NSW
- Friday 22nd November 2013: Civic Theatre Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW*
- Saturday 23rd November 2013: Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre, Bathurst, NSW
*Ticketek is only selling for these venues: Jupiters Theatre, The Palms at Crown, Regal Theatre, Orange Civic Theatre & Civic Theatre Newcastle
HAPPY 19th BiRTHDAY HARRiSON CRAiG
~ Saturday 7th September 2013 ~
Other music industry people that share the 7th SEPTEMBER birth date with Harrison Craig:
- 1914 ~ Graeme Bell (AO, MBE) the Australian Dixieland and classical jazz pianist, composer and band leader was born Graeme Emerson Bell on the 7th September 1914 (died 13 June 2012 aged 97).
- 1936 ~ Buddy Holly the American singer-songwriter and guitarist was born on the 7th September 1936 (died 3 February 1959 aged 22).
- 1949 ~ Gloria Gaynor the American singer-songwriter and actress was born on the 7th September 1949.
- 1951 ~ Chrissie Hynde the American singer-songwriter and guitarist from The Pretenders was born on the 7th September 1951.
- 1953 ~ Marc Hunter the New Zealand singer-songwriter and lead vocalist from Dragon was born on the 7th September 1953 (died 17 July aged 44).
The VOiCE TOP 4 FiNALiSTS of 2013:
1st: HARRiSON CRAiG (Team Seal) Age: 18 :: Location: Victoria :: Audition Song: ‘Broken Vow’ – Josh Groban :: Harrison Craig suffers from a stutter that can make life a daily challenge, but despite his impediment he is able to perform without complication, as his stutter disappears when he sings. Harrison has been singing since he was 9 years old, and is very close to his mum and young brother. He describes his music style as Popera, a mix of jazz, classical and contemporary pop. Harrison performs regular corporate and public gigs, and prefers to sing songs by his favourite artists Tony Bennett, Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble and Josh Groban.
2nd: LUKE KENNEDY (Team Ricky) Age: 30 :: Location: QLD :: Audition Song: Un Giorno Per Noi – A Time For Us – Josh Groban – Andy Williams :: Luke Kennedy’s music career has taken him all over the world as a member of The Ten Tenors, a classical & rock outfit with whom he has recorded several top selling albums.
3rd: CELiA PAVEY (Team Delta) Age:19 :: Location: NSW :: Audition Song: Scarborough Fair – Simon and Gurfunkel :: Celia Pavey was born and bred country girl, growing up surrounded by music. Due to her Irish ancestry she was brought up listening to folk music and played the violin from a young age, not starting singing until she was 12, due to her shyness. Celia found inspiration in her sister who is a confident singer, as well as her musical idol Joni Mitchell. Recently Celia moved from her home town of Forbes to Sydney, where she studies music at the Australian Institute of Music.
4th: DANNY ROSS (Team Joel) Age: 30 :: Location: NSW :: Audition Song: When The Levee Breaks – Led Zeppelin :: Danny Ross found a passion for music after his father’s death due to skin cancer when he was 11 years old. Danny’s father was a farmer who struggled with drought his whole life, but had a love of singing and songwriting. Following his Dad’s death, Danny vowed to focus on what his the love his father had for music. Danny has had some vast life experiences and travels, including teaching guitar in East Timor, and living in isolation for a year with a peacock as his only companion, which helped broaden his songwriting influences.
The VOiCE AUSTRALiA ONLiNE:
- Official website: www.TheVoice.com.au ~ Social Hub: www.thevoice.com.au/social
ABOUT The VOiCE TV SHOW
The Voice Australian reality talent show was back today for the second season start, after top ratings last year. The blind auditions began today with some great talent coming through. The Voice in Australia is based on the original Dutch version: The Voice of Holland, created by John de Mol and is part of the international franchise: The Voice (TV series).
Tonight’s first season premiered on the Nine Network on the 15th April 2012 featuring Delta Goodrem, Joel Madden, Seal and Ricky Martin as the coaches. Ricky Martin replaced Keith Urban for the second season after he joined the American Idol judging panel. The Voice in Australia series is hosted by Darren McMullen with Faustina Agolley.
One thought on “HARRiSON CRAiG The VOiCE Winner 2013”