2013 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX in MELBOURNE: 14th ~ 17th March 2013
The Australian Grand Prix is the 1st round of the FIA Formula One World Championships, and has been the first race of each year since the race moved from Adelaide to Melbourne in 1996 (excluding 2006 and 2010). The Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit is a street circuit around Albert Park Lake, only 3 kilometres south of central Melbourne.
The Australian Grand Prix is the oldest surviving motor racing competition held in Australia. The Grand Prix has been held in Australia 77 times since it was first held at Phillip Island in 1928. The race became a round of the FIA Formula One World Championships from 1985. Prior to the race being included in the World Championships, it was held at many venues in every state of Australia. When the race became part of the Formula One World Championship in 1985, it was held at the Adelaide Street Circuit in Adelaide, South Australia until 1995, when it moved to Melbourne in 1996, under contracted until 2015.
The Australian Grand Prix is the first round of the Championship, having been the first race of each year, excluding 2006 and 2010, since the event moved to Melbourne from Adelaide. During its years in Adelaide, the Australian Grand Prix was the final round each year of the Championships.
The current naming rights sponsor of the event is Rolex Swiss watchmaker ~ www.rolex.com. The 2012 Australian Grand Prix was won by Jenson Button the British former World Champion, driving a McLaren–Mercedes.
AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX ONLiNE:
- AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX WEBSiTE: www.GrandPrix.com.au
- AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX FACEBOOK: www.Facebook.com/AustralianGrandPrix
- AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX TWiTTER: www.Twitter.com/AusGrandPrix
- AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.YouTube.com/AustralianGrandPrix
- AUSTRALiAN GRAND PRiX FLiCKR PHOTOS: www.Flickr.com/photos/agpc
- OFFiCiAL GRAND PRiX SPONSOR SiTE: ROLEX: www.Rolex.com Grand Prix intro
- FORMULA1.com: www.formula1.com Australian 2013 circuit diagram